Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Short Life of Sylvia Ann McKee

Sylvia Ann McKee, the favorite sister of my great-great-grandfather Albert Finley McKee Sr., lived only twenty-four years. She was born in Ohio on the 24th of January 1840, and died of diphtheria on the 24th of March 1864 in Watervliet, Michigan. I have recently discovered four photographs of her.

Around 1850, with her brother Albert:

She is on the left here, with one of her sisters:

This appears to be from the same negative as the tintype above:

I love her dress here:

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sandi,
    congratulation for you blog, very interesting!
    Seek the origins of our family, it is something that everyone should do, to not forget our past.
    I also read a lot in your other blogs "A Something-Awful Day": it seem to read a journal, as was the custom of our forefathers. Unfortunately, today few people have the habit of writing journal.
    Regarding to your health problem, sincerely I wish you all the best.
    I'm sure you will become a great archaeologist!
    Enrico from Italy

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to include your name!